- Gives the user something to physically hold and take notes on.
- Easier to compile large financial books with multiple different file formats.
- There is no security around the information printed on the paper or where the report prints to.
- The user is unable to drill into the details of the data.mprovements
The ability to add comments directly to the report and have them print out is a very nice feature that MR added over FRx.
Printing – MR Viewer
The first step for printing the report is to setup the report settings in the Report Definition. You will find the Page Setup on the Settings Tab and clicking on the Other… button.
From here you can control the margins, page orientation, scaling, paper size, and page order.
After you have generated the report and added any comments to your report you can now print. With the report open, click the printer icon , go to the menu and select File/Print, or press the Ctrl+P keys.
From here you can select your printer, print range, and comment options.
- Current View – Prints the current view
- Current Page – Prints the current page
- Current Reporting Unit – Prints the current reporting unit that is displayed. This opens the Report Type selection.
- Selected Reporting Units – Prints the all reporting units selected from the screen after you select OK or Preview. This opens the Report Type selection.
- All Reporting Units – Prints the all reporting units for the report. This opens the Report Type selection.
- Financial Report – The financial report as first shown in the viewer.
- Account Details – The report of each account that makes up a row on the Financial Report.
- Transaction Details – The report of the transaction for each account on the Account Detail Report.
- Exception Report – Reports either missing or duplicated dimensions based on the beginning and ending range of dimensions in the same definition.
You have the option to include the comments that were added to the report on the print out. You can select the column width and wrap text if necessary or do an auto fit for the comments on the report.
Printing – Web Viewer
Printing from the Web Viewer may not work the way you want as this is a web page view and is not designed to print documents.
This tip, and many more, are covered in our Management Reporter training class held each month. If you are interested in more training, please visit our calendar to register for an event or contact us for more information.