The most successful business leaders know what’s happening at their company, recognize trends in the industry and can adapt as needed. They are intelligent about every aspect of their business, both internally and externally.
How do they keep track of all those moving pieces? With a Business Intelligence solution that allows them to get the full picture so they can position themselves in the right direction for the future.
Business Intelligence solutions
Most businesses have lots of moving pieces, including multiple software applications. When those applications don’t communicate, compiling the right data to make an informed decision can quickly become a nightmare. A BI solution allows you to streamline data from multiple sources into one warehouse, giving you easy access to real-time information.
But before you select just any solution based on cost or a stellar salesman, take a step back to make sure you know exactly what you need from a BI/reporting solution. We find it helpful to ask these three overarching questions:
- What types of reports do I want? There are five general types:
- Transactional — monthly invoices or GL entries
- Financial — income statements and balance sheets
- Operational — quantity of inventory on-hand, for example
- Dashboard — snapshot views based on company role
- Ad-Hoc — let your team mine the data for themselves
- How do I want to present the data? This could make a big difference in which solution you select.
- Where is that data (and do I have access to it)? Make sure the solution you are considering integrates with all the systems that hold your data.
Once you’ve asked these questions, you can more clearly match your needs to the right solution. Need help? Boyer & Associates can give you options to help you determine the best fit.
When it comes to making important decisions that will affect the future of your business, you don’t want to rely on a one-size-fits-all tool. Just as with our ERP/accounting solutions Boyer & Associates gives you options so that you can choose the one that best fits your company’s needs. Whether you’re looking at Power BI, Management Reporter or Jet Global, we’ve got you covered:
- Microsoft Power BI — A data visualization tool, Power BI is a native Microsoft solution that give you a clear picture of your data. Learn More
- Management Reporter — This interactive reporting option is available for users of Dynamics GP and Dynamics SL and extends your company’s financial reporting capabilities within the system.
- Boyer & Associates offers a two-day class for accountants with little training on Management Reporter. Attendees learn how to design basic report building blocks and how to associate those blocks to create relevant financial reports including trial balance, income statements, variance reports, balance sheets, statements of cash flow and consolidation reports. Cost is $800.
- Jet Global — insight software’s Business Intelligence suite integrates with Dynamics ERP products. Jet Reports, Jet Analytics and Jet Budgets offer a three-pronged approach to help your company get complete access to real-time data whenever you need it.
- Boyer provides implementation, integration and training services. Contact us to request a demo.
- Boyer & Associates’ Report Writing Workshop provides everything you need to learn how to produce a variety of Jet Reports financial reports in a two-day crash course. Get step-by-step instructions on how to create, maintain and secure your company’s financial reports. Must have a basic knowledge of Excel, income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements. Cost is $1,200.
Check our calendar for class dates and registration details.
If you’re looking to make the most of a Business Intelligence solution, we can provide you with the information you need to choose the solution that best fits your needs. Contact us for a consultation at 763-412-4315 or email@example.com.