Microsoft Dynamics AX is now Dynamics 365 Finance and offers a cloud, on-premise, and hybrid version of Microsoft’s ERP solution. The software assists multinational, medium to large organizations, and groups of enterprises with functionality for Distribution, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and the Public Sector.
- Financial Management & Reporting: Improve financial controls to support decisions and greater business agility through real-time financial reporting, analytics and insights driven by Artificial Intelligence.
- Supply Chain Management: Provide real-time data access and visibility across the supply chain. This allows you to reduce costs, save time, and enhance customer service.
- Depth of Manufacturing Functionality: This is an excellent option for discrete, lean, process and mixed-mode manufacturing. These functionality requirements are included in the core features.
- Project Management and Accounting: Streamline visibility and unify the complex aspects of managing multiple projects of varying sizes. Improve the accuracy of resource scheduling and project financials, as well as the consistency of your project management.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting: Provide users the information needed to manage by exception. Put real-time data and recommendations in their hands today so they have the intelligence they need to make effective decisions for tomorrow.
- Collaboration: Allow stakeholders and employees the ability to utilize a system like FSCM to enhance trust and transparency across the organization.
- Risk Mitigation: Proactively help the team identify and mitigate financial risks such as supply disruptions to enhance overall resilience.
- Integrations: Deep integrations with Microsoft’s other software tools including CRM, HR, Talent, Customer Service, Marketing, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power BI, and more.
- Cloud Computing: Securely store as much information as you need. Instead of tossing information back and forth, your employees can work on the same information in real time, making collaboration easy and effective.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Today
Updating Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 Finance puts you on a cloud-based solution. This means it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This provides greater flexibility for employees who need to work remotely or from multiple locations.
At Boyer, we have experience with Dynamics ERP and key industries to help you get the most out of your technology relationship while ensuring you have a partner for life.
Migrating from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 Finance is straightforward and has minimal risks, allowing for a smooth and predictable process. Microsoft has included tools that can preserve customizations and ensure complete code compliance in the new Dynamics 365 ecosystem from the processor (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
Here are just a few of the benefits you might gain when you migrate on-premise AX to Finance in the cloud:
- Consolidate on-premise licensing and support costs
- Trim or eliminate on-premise infrastructure costs
- Reduce the burden on your IT administrator
- Scale to meet increases in online customer demands
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your on-premise AX system or are contemplating a move to the cloud, Boyer & Associates can help.