Most employees in organizations cannot access critical business data they need within business management solutions.
The Microsoft Dynamics Light User is a partial access license for users without full-client access to Dynamics GP, and Dynamics SL. At $195, it’s a cost effective way to give your employees the financial, human resources, and operational information they need with software they already use – Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Dynamics GP 2010 and Dynamics SL 2011 include Dynamics Light Users in both the Business Essentials and Advanced Management editions. Dynamics Light Users contain a great deal of functionality at a low cost, including business portal solutions, reporting, and database accessibility.
Capabilities of Named Dynamics Light Users
- Management Reporter Viewer (FRx Replacement)
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation (formerly Windows SharePoint Services)
- Workflows – 10
- Web services – 350+ (GP, SL has fewer but allows you to create your own)
- eConnect Procedures – 300+ (GP)
- External Lists – 17
- Business Intelligence
- Executive centers & dashboards – 15
- Excel reports – 200+
- SRS reports – 90+
- SRS Report Models
- New charts and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – 119 (GP)
- Analysis cubes – 6 (GP)
- Analysis cubes library
- Business Portal
- Order management
- Requisition management
- Time & Attendance
- Employee Profile
- Project time and expense
- Microsoft Dynamics GP and Dynamics SL system database access rights for users
A Dynamics Light User Is Needed for These Capabilities
- Business Portal Employee & Customer Users
- Analysis Cubes and Analysis Cubes Library
- Management Reporter Viewer (i.e. FRx Viewer)
- Business Intelligence Components: Executive Centers & Dashboards, Excel Reports, SQL Reporting Services Reports
- Order Management
- Requisition Management
- Project Time and Expense
- Field Service Suite
- Human Resources Management Self-Service Suite
- ISV products that access the Microsoft Dynamics GP database
Fees for Dynamics Light User Licenses
New Customers: A Microsoft Dynamics Light User license is $195.
Existing BRL Clients: If you use Business Portal today, you’ll switch to Dynamics Light User when you upgrade to Dynamics GP 2010. You will receive: 1 Light User for each Business Portal User; 1 Light User for each FRx Designer User; and 1 Light User for each FRx Viewer User.
Existing MBL Clients: There are no Dynamics Light User options for MBL clients, and Business Portal Users are the licensing equivalent of Dynamics Light Users.
or call Carol Simonson: (763) 412-4315
You can extend access to information and help more employees make informed business decisions without the expense of a full user license for Dynamics GP or Dynamics SL.